[time-nuts] Up And Running

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Fri Sep 28 15:57:40 UTC 2012

Hi George,

Your setup looks like a good approach to what you need for your requirements.

I was looking at the weatherproof enclosure for your antenna.  If I am correct, you have a total seal with regards to that container.  The fasteners that pass through the enclosure on the top, are they utilizing any method of seal around themselves?  I would be a little worried about the sealed container "breathing" with temperature changes and drawing moisture in around the fastener if they aren't sealed in any fashion.

Normally outdoor enclosures and antenna radomes contain some sort of small weep hole to drain any moisture that may enter the enclosure or vent to equalize pressure changes with temperature.  With the design of that container, a weep hole may not be practical given the deeper seal arrangement but a small pressure relief vent may help.  And if you continue to utilize this design, a dab of RTV over each screw head would also help immensely.

Greg