[time-nuts] Up And Running

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:55:08 UTC 2012

> Normally outdoor enclosures and antenna radomes contain some sort of small weep hole to drain any moisture that may enter the enclosure or vent to equalize pressure changes with temperature.

Not mine.  The outdoor timing GPS antennas I have use an O-ring to
form a completely 100% waterproof seal.  The radomes are pressure
tight and in my estimation would hold at least two atmosphere of
pressure in either direction.  I think this is pretty common for GPS
antenna.

Spend $30 and buy a "real" outdoor GPS antenna and it will have a
pointed top and will be 100% sealed.  Mount it on the end of a 1" iron
pipe the cable goes down the pipe.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California