[time-nuts] Up And Running

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 04:34:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Lester Veenstra <Lester at veenstras.com> wrote:
> " completely 100% waterproof seal"; famous last words, in the absence of a
> dry nitrogen pressurization.

The Antenna is many years old.  I opened it up a while back to look to
see how the antenna was designed inside. (it turned out to be a helix
with a microwave amplifier placed at the feed point inside the helix)
I'd say it was nearly perfect inside.  Solder still shinny.  That was
after being on a cell tower for years before I owned it.   The
connector is type N and has an o-ring as well.    It's been outdoors
for well over 10 years and looks like new inside.  The coax feed line
and the n-connector lives inside the iron pipe and is not exposed to
the elements.  The pipe is grounded and extends directly through the
roof in the same way a plumbing vent would.

Here is a photo looking up through a tree from the street.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qec0lf48occeom/DSC_3134%20copy.jpg

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California