[time-nuts] Photodiodes for high frequency OPLL

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Apr 1 09:12:26 UTC 2013

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:31:58 -0700
gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:

> On 3/31/2013 5:52 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> >
> > Probably. But as steep filters for optics are kind of hard to come by,
> > i think a super heterodyne design isn't realy going to work.

> I've bought optical filters from Andover. They are pretty cheap, at
> least compared to the rest of the industry.
> > http://www.andovercorp.com/Web_store/index.php

Yes, but the usual optical filters are not steep enough for this application.
They are specified to a few nm, while we are talking here about GHz.
At those wavelengths this is IIRC a factor 100'000.

But thanks for the page anyways.. they might come handy as an ambient
light filter for the photodiodes.

				Attila Kinali

--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.