[time-nuts] Photodiodes for high frequency OPLL

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Mon Apr 1 17:30:48 UTC 2013

I think that you should be able to take the signal right out of the
backbiased diode and run it straight into a microwave mixer w/ a fixed 7
GHz LO and frequency discrimitate the IF output from the mixer to generate
a control signal for your LASER.

In theory, if your LASERS were very, very, very good, you might be able to
achieve phase lock, but I'd not hold my breath. A discriminator can give
you frequency lock.

YMMV,

-John