[time-nuts] Reading data from Thunderbolt using an Arduino

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Apr 5 04:43:39 UTC 2013

russ.ramirez at gmail.com said:
> but is TSIP binary?

Yes.

> https://code.google.com/p/arduino-trimble-thunderbolt-gpsdo/source/browse/
> trunk/libraries/Tsip/Tsip.h?r=31

> implies to me that I should use this as a starting point as this sure ain't
> ASCII coming over the wire. Does this sound right?

I haven't looked at that code.  You can get a second opinion from gpsd and/or ntpd.

Trimble has shipped lots of different models that use slightly different command sets, so you probably want to get the programming manual that describes what the Thunderbolt actually uses.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.