[time-nuts] Changing FE-5650A frequency?

Alexander Wright alecjw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 16:16:54 UTC 2013

On 07/04/13 15:10, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> The purpose of the polymer foam is isolation to keep a
> stable temperature throughout the boards.
>
> http://www.qsl.net/z/zl1bpu/PROJ/FE5650-2.jpg
>
> The top layer in this image is the DDS board, and it is
> basically identical to the FE5680A, which means it can
> be adjusted in a wide range, but only does digital synthesis
> based on the reference frequency.
>
> But let's see what Bill says to the pictures ... :)
>
> best,
> Herbert

Herbert, the board doesn't seem to be the same, the chips which are
visible don't line up with the ones in that picture. Anyway my curiosity
got the better of me and I dug through the foam some more to find a long
row of DIP switches. I bet i can change the divider ratio with some
combination of those:
http://m0tei.co.uk/fe5650pics/IMG_20130407_170929.jpg

Also, you can see that the chip is an AD9955 DDS chip:
http://novatech-instr.com/PDF_files/AD9955.pdf

-
Alec