[time-nuts] GPS antenna??

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 8 16:59:52 UTC 2013

Hi all an interesting problem you may have encountered, I want to use a GPS
frequency standard inside a building with no opening windows (opening
windows are known as air conditioning in the UK :-))  )
This is part of a two day amateur microwave conference so we should have the
expertise.

I intend to try and pass the signal through a a double glazed glass window
unit (hopefully not metalised) using a couple of patch antennas. The outer
GPS antenna is active so will need  a 5v supply via an inserter. Inner patch
active, outer patch passive to avoid problems of feedback. Main antenna can
be shielded from the "coupling" either physically or with a slab of
absorber.

Has anyone tried this?.... does it work?.....any gotchas?

Thanks
Alan
G3NYK