[time-nuts] UPDATE: DATUM 9390-52054 Grief again...

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Sun Apr 14 19:10:13 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 03:23:50PM +0200, Luciano Paramithiotti wrote:
> I have a 9390-53120. The 16.368 reference for the GPS is coming from a
> 4 pin (14 pin size ) oscillator on the GPS interface board.
> The other internal oscillator board mount a 1 MHz TCXO I never had
> seen locked to GPS.
> Normally I use it only for UTC time display.
> This GPS use an antenna with 50dB gain, so I have added a preamplifier
> to normalize its sensitivity.
> I had two fault in 10 year of life on the power supply board.

	The 16.368 in mine is locked to the 10 Mhz (from a Rb in my
box) via a PLL.   The Rb is disciplined, but of course whether that
means locked or not is a matter of definition.   But pretty obviously
the amount a Rb moves is probably not enough to have any impact on
the time base to the GPS receiver at all.

	That box (that I refered to) is off line and has been for while,
the DC to DC converter card died... and while I could fit a PS in there
I have been looking for another card to replace it.

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in