[time-nuts] Connectors

Christopher Brown cbrown at woods.net
Sun Apr 14 19:22:56 UTC 2013

If using silicone oil or grease you do need to keep the "water glass"
issue in mind.

If exposed to chlorine or phosphorus in can convert to straight silicon
leaving a glass coating.

Silicon oil containing contact cleaners used in a marine environment can
be an issue.

phosphor-bronze alloy contacts as well.

Electrical arcing will do it too.

A dry connector without phosphorus containing alloys and solid contact
(no arcing) is ok though.

Personally I use the 3m self fusing silicone tape with 3M 88 overwrap on
just about anything outside.