[time-nuts] How dies a Rubidium ?

Claude Fender labtf1 at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 21 13:11:50 UTC 2013

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I use a 5334B counter locked on a GPS to record the output of the rubidium 24/7, with gate times of 10s and 100s .
The measurements are constants between 10,000,000.002 and 10,000,000.004 Hz, the resolution is 1 mHz for 10s and 0.1 mHz for 100s. I have not enough records to see a drift.

In your opinion, with this method, when the Rb will become older, I will see some short "jumps" in frequency from time to time ?

I agree this is an heavy method compared to your blink-ometer but I am still learning !

Claude