[time-nuts] ngTADD-1

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:26:49 UTC 2013

The problem with analog 10MHz is the non-linear parts at each end of
the fiber optic.  It would be hard to get a nice sine wave at the
output.

I think if you have a requirement for very clean sine wave at the far
end you'd best try to phase lock a local XO.  Send a 10 MHz square
wave down the fiber and use that to phase lock a local XO.    I think
almost all fiber systems use a PLL for clock recovery.

Problem is the parts built into the jacks.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California