[time-nuts] OT - but of interest?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Apr 28 15:30:18 UTC 2013

In message <CABbxVHvHqQSJ0bRGBXtjzqOQD9ohRLHPjdx7AnfB5GOYA2X-6A at mail.gmail.com>
, Chris Albertson writes:

>The reason for this was not to save money.  The goal was a communications
>system that could not be shot down or jammed.

Each piece of hardware without attitude and orbit control we launch,
adds to the space-junk catastrophe.

If you launch them on one rocket, they will by definition share major
orbit paramters, and it will only be a matter of time before they
start hitting each other, eventually causing an avalance of such
collisions.

Lets hope nobody is stupid enough to do something like that.