[time-nuts] HP5065B !!!

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Apr 30 21:30:27 UTC 2013

Attilla
No  one should or will discourage you from developing a laser pumped  Rb.
Bruce posted the following link. It addresses some of the issues and for me
looking at lamp Rb's is most helpful.

http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/1219.pdf

Bert Kehren

In a message dated 4/30/2013 4:51:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
attila at kinali.ch writes:

On Mon,  29 Apr 2013 17:19:05 -0400 (EDT)
EWKehren at aol.com wrote:

> I am  still sitting here trying to figure out the purpose  of posting the

> article on laser diode pumping of the Rb. One look at the data   and it
is
> clear that Corby’s work far surpasses the data shown in the  paper. All
it does
> is distract from Corb’s  accomplishments.

Sorry i didnt mean to do that. I am very gratefull at  the work Corby
has done and the new insights on what error sources a Rb gas  cell
has.

But as someone living in europe, i have certain problems  getting my
hands on a HP5065. There is virtually no surplus market here.  And
if there is anything sold in europe, the price is nearly that of
a  new device, sometimes even more (no, i'm neither joking nor exagerating).
I  cannot buy any of the fancy devices you have access to in the US.
Buying a  Cs beam, as a few of you have, is a dream that will not come
true for me,  unless i win in the lottery.
But building my own Rb standard using laser  diodes is feasible.
I still lack a lot of knowledge and understanding how  to do that,
but this group has been very helpfull in filling my gaps, when  asking
the right questions. And if you don't mind, i would like to  keep
asking those questions.

Attila Kinali
--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant  psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.