[time-nuts] SDR Radio Opinion- Next Question

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Mon Aug 5 22:43:28 UTC 2013

On 8/5/2013 11:52 PM, J. Forster wrote:

> <75 to >1300 MHz
> USB
> Ability to function as a crude SA.
> Not crawling w/ birdies or aliasing issues.
> Will run on Win XP.
> Demod selecttable for all modes at all frequencies.
> In a package, rather than a loose PCB.
> <$150

I bought this from China :

http://tinyurl.com/oujy9nu

and it works quite well. It has the R820T tuner. I have another, with the
Fitipower FC0013 tuner, but it is quite deaf compared to the R820T.
And it stops at roughly 1100 MHz.

If you stay on Windows instead of Linux, you will find many more SDR
programs, and more refined. If instead you prefer spend your time with
configure, compilations, debugging, search of the correct version of the
libraries, etc. then I warmly recommend you Linux...  << flame suits on >> :-)

73  Alberto  I2PHD