[time-nuts] Generate 1 PPS signal on serial port

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Tue Aug 6 00:42:42 UTC 2013

Marki the "smart" search engine came back with:

Prof David Mills: http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/pps.html Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) Signal Interfacing
Hardware: http://www.vk2hmc.net/blog/?p=583

If using Linux you need kernel version > 2.6.39.4 or version 3 kernel as the PPS interface is now included in the kernel.
Unless of course, low latency and jitter is not an issue for you ;)
You can use either parallel or serial PPS.

For windows see http://www.davehart.net/ for binaries.
David Taylor pretty much covers it here: http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTP-on-Windows-Vista.html

--marki