[time-nuts] Low cost GPS for model aircraft

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 03:48:44 UTC 2013

Yes there are complete autopilot system with integrated gyros,
accelerometer compass horizon sensors and so on.  You give the AP some
waypoints the it will fly to them.   Basically a drone controller.  I think
you can have one for about $100 in hardware.

http://ardupilot.com

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM, J. Forster <jfor at quikus.com> wrote:

> This chatter about model aircraft GPS got me to wondering if there now
> off-the-shelf flight control systems for model planes that will do nav
> and/or attitude control? I know there are mini-gyros, but I think they are
> only good enough for attitude control.
>
> Last time I was into this, if you lost radio contact the model was gone or
> had crashed..
>
> -John

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California