[time-nuts] Generate 1 PPS signal on serial port

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Tue Aug 6 13:07:28 UTC 2013

I am not really sure what you are trying to do either..

If you are trying to tee the output of a GPS, make a Y cable and connect TxD from GPS and DCD to each end (as PPS and NMEA are broadcast or one way if you like) once the receiver has been configured. You will have timenuts having strokes if you try and do it in software!

However if you are hell bent on generating PPS in software somehow (please let me know you plan? - curious)
Use http://www.curioustech.net/xport.html
Been around for years and its pretty good and free to boot.

Or am I still looking at your problem from the wrong end?

Personally, I am moving my NTP server to the parallel port shortly.

--marki