[time-nuts] SDR Radio Opinion- Next Question

MailLists lists at medesign.ro
Wed Aug 7 05:58:24 UTC 2013

It depends what you mean under "professional"... an individual that
pushes buttons for a wage, having no clue about what's actually
happening underneath, or an individual that knows his business in, and out?
The definition in my book is the second one, and I met many "amateurs"
(aka hobbyists, with a passion for a certain domain, with deep
knowledge, but not necessarily their main income source) which
outclassed most "professionals".

If you appreciate more the "point and click" features to "program"
something rapidly, without any control of the generated code, you're
better served with the nicely integrated toys for windumb & co.

Ever wondered why low latency audio is working nicely on linux
(eventually with the appropriate kernel settings, if you intend to load
the system heavily), and is such a nightmare on windoze? Or why
microsuxx castrated the network bandwidth usage (btw, a very
"professional" solution) when a multimedia application is running under
Vista 1, 2 (aka 7), or 3 (aka 8)?