[time-nuts] SDR Radio Opinion- Next Question...

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Wed Aug 7 16:41:06 UTC 2013

The trend to add more and more fearures to electronic gadgets is a real
pain, IMO.

I have a Garmin Nuvi and you basically have to do a royal flush of every
stored parameter to simply clear the 'trail of bread crumbs'.

The thing has so many modes that it is really annoying to use and there
seems to be no way of turning unwanted features off. For example, if you
simply want to pan the display, likely as not the address of where you
touched will pop up.

Furthermore, the positions are not reliable. If you are close too, but not
on, a road, or are on the sidewalk going against traffic, like AutoCAD it
will 'snap' to where it thinks you should be. Off road mode is better.

YMMV,

-John