[time-nuts] Distribution Amp 75R socket compatability

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 16:40:45 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,
The "old" thin pin 75R BNC sockets are rare these days. Most equipment now uses intermateable sockets that use the same size contact as 50R but with reduced diameter dielectric to maintain the impedance match. Fully compatible with 50R without damage. The only small drawback is that the old thin pin plugs (if you have any) may not make good contact.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI.