[time-nuts] Modified Extron DA [WAS: Rb video]

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sat Aug 10 10:29:46 UTC 2013

I wrote:

>All of these solutions are for feeding the external reference inputs
>of various test equipment, radios, etc., not for buffering and
>isolating signals for serious phase noise or ADEV analysis.

>By the time you design a PC card and have it made, you are way, way
>beyond "not a lot of effort" for lots of people, to say nothing of
>the metalwork (even if it is just making new front and back plates
>for an existing Extron box).  I can do all of that, and I did, but
>it appears from the on-list interest in video DAs that a lot of time
>nuts would rather not be bothered.

I guess what I'm saying is if one is going to the effort to build a
DA from scratch, why build something that is just adequate to
distribute a reference signal to test equipment and radios?  Why not
really do it right, and build something that *is* capable of
buffering and isolating signals for serious phase noise and ADEV analysis?

Best regards,

Charles