[time-nuts] Rb standard questions

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 22:52:49 UTC 2013

>From those voltages I speculate a long life. In the various RBs I have
2-3.5 V seems to be trouble.
Every units a bit different. When the units gets very old you will see the
lamp re-ignite. Generally this will be noticed as a significant random
phase jump. If you have a lock light it will go out for 30-60 or so seconds
until the system comes back on.
When I get an old rb I attach a cheap digital pedometer with an opto
coupler etc (Could be a FET or transistor just as easily) to the lock
signal. It increments every time the system unlocks. Humorously I call it a
loc-O-meter.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL