[time-nuts] NTP/1-PPS/RS232 question

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 06:50:39 UTC 2013

The board is for another project.  It requires real RS-232 levels.  There is a MAX3232 chip on it.  Since the GPS has a 1PPS output,  I figured that I might as well bring it out.  There is no documentation on the pulse width or polarity...  it is what it is...  I'm probably hooking it straight to the '232 chip without any massaging.

There is also one more available RS232 input pin on the chip.  Any preferences for RTS or DTR?  There is a jumper for powering the board from the RI pin (pin 9) of the RS-232 connector.