[time-nuts] PTPv2 grandmaster with a Z3805A?

Wojciech Owczarek wojciech at owczarek.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 15:40:13 UTC 2013

On 20 August 2013 11:03, David Gravereaux <davygrvy at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been lurking a bit and absorbing.

So have I.

> Are the 3.58 MHz ACPI timers okay or should I use the 25MHz HPET ones
> for system clock?

I would recommend the TSC time source: lowest read overhead.

All three have different behaviours - different (cold start) frequency
offset and different drift rates once stabilised and then left drifting.
However reading time with TSC time source takes least amount of time and id
least prone to jitter , which helps with timestamp accuracy.

Regards
Wojciech

 --
-