[time-nuts] Help in Locking a Windows Computer to GPS Time

Rex Moncur rmoncur at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 22 04:02:46 UTC 2013

I am trying to lock a Windows XP computer to GPS time taking advantage of
both the NEMA sentence and the 1PPS with the hope of getting to within a few
ms.

I am using a Garmin GPS 18PC and the NMEATime program.  When I tick the box
to implement the 1PPS feature on NMEATime the program locks up each time it
attempts to correct the PC time.  Perhaps there is something I need to do to
configure the GPS 18PC to fix this.

I would be grateful for advice as to whether and how one can use NMEATime
for this purpose with a Garmin GPS 18 PC or advice on other programs to
achieve accurate locking of the PC.

Rex VK7MO