[time-nuts] Setting up an HP53132A/TimeLab for Time Interval measurement

James Robbins jsrobbins at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 23 13:14:22 UTC 2013

I am having some difficulty setting up my HP53132A to make 1 PPS Time
Interval readings.  I am outputting them to TimeLab via the counter's
"talk-only" output.  TimeLab reads the counter fine and I am able to make
plots of 10MHz frequency comparisons.  But I need a little help in properly
setting up the counter for 1 PPS readings.

If anyone is familiar with using this arrangement and would be willing
describe their setup and to exchange a few emails off line, I would much
appreciate it.  I can be reached at jsrobbins.earthlink.net

Jim Robbins

N1JR

PS:  My reason for trying 1 PPS measurement is that while my 10 MHz
frequency ADEV ("a") readings in TimeLab when measuring one GPSDO vs another
GPSDO look very nice, the phase ("p") readings of those same runs show quite
a bit of drift (e.g. 1.5us/24 hours).