[time-nuts] Needed: The Real Serial USB Fix

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Sat Aug 24 01:17:30 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 06:47:07PM -0500, Peter Gottlieb wrote:
> What I would really like in Windows is a way to lock the configuration and
> make it more of an appliance which always worked the same way.  That way a
> small board talking to a Thunderbolt would always start up and just run.  I
> suppose I need to get away from Windows and climb the Linux learning curve.

	Yes, or become a Windows kernel maven.

	It IS possible to figure some of this out, but Windows internally
is somewhat bizzare...

	Linux is nice in that you can look at the code if it comes to
that (and if you are really desperate and willing to pay the price,
change it too)...

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in