[time-nuts] Getting a 5370A tomorrow - How do i test it works

Frank Stellmach frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Wed Aug 28 22:02:30 UTC 2013

Bingo,

welcome on time-nuts, also!

Follow the manual,  the first basic test is simply connecting the
reference output on the rear to the input and measuring frequency and
T.I. This lets you test function and base noise level (35ps)hat.

If this test passess, the machine is running well in first instance.

Max. input level is specified in the manual, 10:1 divder provided, so
nothing critical.. RTFM , sorry!

Then I'd inspect the interior, which oscillator is mounted.
Think of buying an OCXO, 10811, if you find the simple XO - it's already
more fun.

Frank