[time-nuts] simulation of interconnected clocks

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 1 00:20:36 UTC 2013

On 11/30/13 2:15 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Could you just replay real data instead of trying to generate simulated data? There's plenty of storage with Arduino or SD card shields.
>
> Attached is frequency and ADEV of my heart beat for 10 hours. You could do the same. In this case the flicker floor is just under 1e-1 from 10s to 10ks.

The flat zero slope adev shows the basic 1/f characteristic reported in
the literature.  There's been quite a few people who have hooked up
monitors to people for 24 hours or more and found that the power
spectrum of heart rate follows 1/f from about 0.3 Hz down 4 decades at
least.

I'm not sure what the ADEV/Power spectrum of respiration rate would be,
since it's mostly determined by what the person is doing.  Power
spectrum (averaged over a long time) would probably be more a histogram
of "level of physical activity".