[time-nuts] Efratom Rubidium SPTB-100/LN-001 info wanted

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Dec 6 00:34:47 UTC 2013

I have an SPTB-100. It seems to be a custom version of a standard
FRK(LN) rubidium for Tektronics.

I got mine around 2000. (Mine is an 88 date-code vs. your ancient 86
version.) It didn't work initially because the internal Xtal oscillator
wouldn't sweep through lock frequency. Changed a cap in the oscillator
and it worked again. I've only powered it up a few times; I assume mine
is still working. I was told it is low-noise for a rubidium.

Somewhere locally, I got a copy of a manual for it. Other than the cover
page, it seems to be a standard FRK manual, which the KO4BB pages
already have. Today, I made a short PDF with a scan of the cover page
and a few notes I wrote up.

You can get it here:
http://www.xertech.net/pub/SPTB-100%20notes.pdf

I also uploaded it to KO4BB for future references.

If anyone knows more or sees any problems with what I wrote up, please
let me know and I'll correct or update.

-Rex KK6MK