[time-nuts] Efratom Rubidium SPTB-100/LN-001 info wanted

ed breya eb at telight.com
Sat Dec 7 21:16:25 UTC 2013

I have three of these units, and have been looking for the right
manual for years. Thanks for this part, but I believe the SPTB is
different from the FRK in the schematics and some of the construction
detail - for example, since it's 5 MHz vs 10, that circuit is
different, not just the crystal frequency. I have found other things
in the PLL too, that probably relate to the "LN" performance.

I have managed to use the *FRK manual, which is close enough to get
by - the circuit operation is the same, just the design details
differ. I also had to replace a capacitor in one unit that would not
lock - it was a leaky ceramic one in the PLL. I had to do a bit of
guesswork and shotgunning, since the circuit topology and parts
layout were quite a bit different in that area.

*I may be confusing it with another model - the M-100, I think, that
is similar. This was a few years ago.

Ed