[time-nuts] MS3106R10SL-4S connector question

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 18:27:20 UTC 2013

Hi,
John is correct. The plastic pin is used when a contact position is not wired. You put the unwired pin in first and then insert the plastic pin behind it, thick end first. It replaces the wire to seal that individual hole and also maintain correct seal pressure on the other wires. Blue for #16 pins, Red for #20. Not required if you don't need a full environmental seal.

Robert G8RPI. CEng, MRAeS, EASA licenced avionics engineer. (i.e. this is a definitive answer, I can certify that one of these is correctly installed on an aircraft :-)