[time-nuts] Shortt Clock Recent Measurements

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Dec 11 15:56:15 UTC 2013

Here's a well-written introduction to time & frequency article. Both a good overview for any newcomer to the group and some addition photos and recent information for the rest of us:

Time - the SI Base Unit "Second", by Andreas Bauch (PTB, 2012)
http://www.ptb.de/cms/fileadmin/internet/fachabteilungen/abteilung_4/4.4_zeit_und_frequenz/pdf/2012_Bauch_PTBM_125a_en.pdf

Brooke -- figure 2 is the Scheibe and Adelsberger plot I mentioned showing seasonal irregularity in earth rotation relative to laboratory quartz clocks, from 1934 to 1940. I'm tracking down evidence of earlier work.

Attila -- figure 5 is another example of a composite ADEV plot showing cesium, masers, etc.

/tvb