[time-nuts] Efratom SLCR-101 rubidium - what have I just bought?

Philip Pemberton lists at philpem.me.uk
Thu Dec 26 01:18:42 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

It seems I must have had a bit too much to drink after Christmas dinner,
as I've apparently gone crazy and bought an Efratom SLCR-101 Rubidium
frequency standard:

  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400624911534

I suspect this will make a nice companion for my new-to-me (read:
"pre-loved") Racal-Dana 1991 frequency counter...

Thing is, I'm finding it hard to find any information on the SLCR-101;
there's a lot of information on the LPRO, but this one is a bit of a
mystery.

How does the SLCR-101 compare to the LPRO-101?

If the writing on the unit case is to be believed (third photo in the
ebay listing), the lamp voltage is 8.34V. I found some documents which
suggest that 6-8V is good for an LPRO, but doesn't explain whether this
increases or decreases with age? Is higher better, or lower?

Thanks,
--
Phil.
lists at philpem.me.uk