[time-nuts] Efratom SLCR-101 rubidium - what have I just bought?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 09:33:39 UTC 2013

On 26 December 2013 01:18, Philip Pemberton <lists at philpem.me.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It seems I must have had a bit too much to drink after Christmas dinner,
> as I've apparently gone crazy and bought an Efratom SLCR-101 Rubidium
> frequency standard:
>
>   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400624911534

I oringallly thought your offer of $75 was accepted and was going to
say it was a decent buy at $75 given it needs only a single supply.
But then I realised it must be a UK seller, and it was £75 GBP ($123),
which does not seem so attractive given the guys from China were at
least selling them a lot less with free shipping. But the prices seem
to have gone up a lot - IU think I paid about $75 for my rubidums, but
now I see the same thing on eBay for two or three times that.

I'm not entirely sure why the seller provides a link to a manual which
he knows is broken

"(broken link) to PDF format manual for this module:-
http://www.symmetricom.com/media/pdf/manuals/man-lpro.pdf"

Perhaps he has a copy and could create you a non-broken link!

Dave