[time-nuts] fast edge, rise time.

Al Wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:30:28 UTC 2013

Years ago I had a cousin who ran a civilian calibration lab. For calibrating
scopes, etc, for rise time he used a mercury wetted relay which he claimed
had nearly instant rise time and no bounce. Seems that he used a resistive
divider and the mercury relay shunted a portion of the divider. With very
small inductances and capacitance to slow things down it would seem to be
very fast.

Al, k9si, retired