[time-nuts] FE 5650A Question

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 27 18:50:40 UTC 2013

Hi Bert:

I have a little info on FEI units, including some links to their patents, at:
http://www.prc68.com/I/FEIFS.shtml

The two patents with the title "Precision oven-controlled crystal oscillator" are about using a crystal that's not
precision ground, i.e. it's near the desired frequency, but not good enough to use it's output directly, and then using
a DDS to translate the frequency to a desired output.  The number 15 Mhz appears in both of them.

The two titled "Multimode crystal oscillator" are about an oscillator that has an extra output to allow seeing the
effect of temperature.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com