[time-nuts] Loran again

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 2 23:48:10 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

On 02/03/2013 12:35 AM, paul swed wrote:
> I understand its no eLORAN, but I keep calling it LORAN and thats actually
> just as wrong.
> Not sure what to call it. It does at least at this point work with the old
> rcvrs.

I did recall a discussion here on the list where they had an article
showing some detail about the info, the traditional LORAN blips where
there along side a new data section more on the OFDM style, but the
eLORAN blips where no where to be seen as they have been replaced. The
new data-section had a lot more capacity, so it actually became
meaningful. If I where in the area, I would try to grab the new signal
and have a look at it. See if it makes sense in the context of what was
published.

> It turned off at 2000 UTC Friday it was time for a beer.

That's late for a beer, but yes.

Cheers,
Magnus