[time-nuts] Locked onto LORAN 8970 GRI Monday AM

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Tue Feb 5 18:25:12 UTC 2013

Hello Bill,

I have no real idea. I can not DF at this time. Antenna is an omni.

I suspect the FS700 receiver looks at GRI data and placement within the
waveform
and goes to a look up table in firmware to tell me the supposed location
to the LORAN plan 10 years ago.

Only thing that may be possible is the RX signal strengths are different
for master and slave,
so they may be physically separated or their TX RF is from one location
at different power levels.

It will be interesting what your contact at Wildwood (NJ) has to say.

Stan, W1LE   Cape Cod