[time-nuts] Embedded NTP server ideas and feature requests

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:22:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM, David J Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> - although I've never used it, I do like Chris's suggestion of power over
> Ethernet.  I see dozens of choices in Amazon's lists - is there a standard
> for the power adapter and level?

Yes there is a standard but there are also may non-standard implementations.

I was a little worried about the comment regarding "isolation" being
hard to implement.   The standard for Ethernet required galvanic
isolation on all Ethernet ports by use of a transformer.  So POE
simply buts a DC bias on the wire.  I think it can provide 12 Watts of
power
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California