[time-nuts] Generation of pulse train with 1/4 noise

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 13:09:26 UTC 2013

On 2/15/13 4:52 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> How much horsepower do you have on the gizmo that's doing the generation? For instance, is this coming out of an MSP-430 or a Core I-7?
>
> Bob

The mighty ArduinoUno...
But it only has to generate one number every second: i.e. I'm simulating
human heartbeats:  I have a anthropomorphic dummy that has air bladders
for lungs and heart that we use to simulate a human for radar testing.
The Arduino just uses timers to open and close solenoid valves to create
the right frequency and amplitude of motion. Right now it has a somewhat
unrealistically uniform pulse rate.

There's some faster cheap processors out there that I could drop in, as
well: teensy3 with the 48MHz Cortex is pretty powerful.