[time-nuts] Generation of pulse train with 1/4 noise

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Feb 15 14:21:06 UTC 2013

Hi

I was going to suggest picking start and stop points in the table with your random number generator, but it's pretty much the same thing.

If the base rate is 60 bpm, then each spacing is 16.666… ms. My *guess* would be that anything past 0.1 ms likely doesn't matter for the base rate. If that's all true, then a byte per entry is actually overkill. You might be able to get away with 4 bits per entry. There's also no absolute need for a linear coding scheme, you could get both good resolution and a small number of bits. That might make fiddling the entry points a bit tough though.

The timing does relate to multiple valves, so it's not quite as simple as a single rate. The time delta's for the other stuff are all pretty short, so you may or may not be planing to randomly drive them as well.

It all depends on how fanatic you get about the timing ...

Bob