[time-nuts] Future of UTC 2013

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue Feb 19 04:18:06 UTC 2013

In late 2011 we held a meeting on the Future of UTC in Exton Pennsylvania.
The 400 pages of proceedings from the presentations at that meeting
have been published on paper and in electronic form.

The sequel to that meeting is planned for late May of this year.
	Requirements for UTC and Civil Timekeeping on Earth
    A Colloquium Addressing a Continuous Time Standard to be held at
    the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA May 29-31, 2013.

The subject of the meeting notes the ITU-R process regarding possible
changes to radio broadcast time signals (and the associated internet
equivalents).  Full details of the upcoming meeting are available via
http://futureofutc.org/
At that site are also links to the proceedings from the 2011 meeting.

The co-chairs are P. Kenneth Seidelmann, John Seago, Rob Seaman and me.
The period for submitting abstracts remains open until the end of this
week.  We invite contributions which address the issues described in
the Call for Papers at the website.

Folks on the time-nuts list know how time gets into operational
systems.  We would be glad to see some of that expertise at the
meeting.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855