[time-nuts] Logging the grid frequency....

Gabs Ricalde gsricalde at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 00:03:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

I also don't have a Picotest or similar equipment but I've done similar
things by using the line input of a soundcard. Multiply the recorded
signal with a 60 Hz quadrature oscillator, apply a low pass filter then
do some analysis on the resulting phasor. The stability of the sound
card oscillator should be enough for this purpose.

You can measure the frequency difference w.r.t. the 60 Hz oscillator by
taking the slope of the phasor angle (be careful with phase wraparounds)
and you can do this as often as you like. I'm curious how this compares
with the zero crossing method.