[time-nuts] Is there anything wrong with DCF77?

Anthony G. Atkielski anthony at atkielski.com
Tue Jan 1 17:51:31 UTC 2013

> Hi Anthony, is there any possibility that you have a source of local
> interference that started up in your home or area?

Maybe, but I'm not sure where it would come from. It's been like this
for days, and today there is no reception by any of the clocks at all.
If just one clock failed to receive, I'd look at the clock, but four
at once means there's something wrong with reception.

There are computers on my desk, but they've been there for years. But
who knows what's happening in apartments around me.

> If you have a spectrum analyzer available that will cover the
> frequency range of DCF77, it may not hurt to look around and see
> what you can find.

I wish! Santa didn't bring me one of those, unfortunately.

There's one clock that often has trouble synchronizing, irrespective
of its position. Two others usually synchronize okay, again
irrespective of position, although they are usually near windows,
anyway. The watch seems to synchronize very reliably as long as it's
near the window. But right now nothing is synchronizing. Thank
goodness I have NTP on the server or I wouldn't have exact time!

--
Anthony