[time-nuts] An embedded NTP server

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Jan 1 19:23:21 UTC 2013

Hi

I'm not bashing the Arm parts, they are nice gizmos. They don't do the clock chains the way they do because they are lazy. They very much plan things out. Their main target audience is low power portable gear. Having a part that drops down to very low current when nothing much is going on is one of their goals. That drives them to keep the clocks / VCO's as slow as they possibly can. They worry about every uA of current drain…

Bob