[time-nuts] An embedded NTP server

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Jan 2 00:25:28 UTC 2013

Hi

The VCO is part of the process, the PLL and it's loop are another part. There's no reason why they can't put a good loop in a micro, other than chip area for the passive parts. What ever they do, the loop will probably be a compromise, since the frequencies involved are not known at design time. A 4 MHz reference and a 40 MHz reference will need different loop components running a 100 MHz VCO ….

Bob