[time-nuts] An embedded NTP server

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 3 01:07:35 UTC 2013

On 1/2/13 4:46 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> That's the point I've been trying to make for about a month now. At some point, for a hobby project, the cost of the CPU becomes irrelevant. In my book, once the CPU goes below the price of lunch at McDonalds, it really doesn't matter much.

yes.. it's all about ease of interfacing and ease of programming.
(unless you're making hundreds or 1000s of them)

This is why Arduino is so popular.. dead simple for a lot of hackery
kinds of things.  The "first steps" on the learning stairway are pretty
darn low (to the point that *artists* use them <grin>.. what is the
world of computers coming to?)