[time-nuts] YIG oscillators

Daniel Mendes dmendesf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:19:44 UTC 2013

Hi, maybe this topic is a bit boundary for this list, but i´ll just ask
for general directions....

I´ve discovered these wonderfull bits of hardware called YIG (Yttrium
iron garnet) Oscillators (and filters!) in Ebay. If someone doesn´t know
what i´m talking about, they are very broadband tunnable oscillators and
filters. Now, the questions:

1) Does someone has some good references about them?

2) Can I get them new from somewere in decent prices or just collect the
trash from ebay? (as most of our Rubudium, OCXOs, Thunderbolts, etc)

Thank you for any help...

Daniel